Color!!




I've been experimenting with a new and interesting process of color on metal. I love patinas as most of you know so this was a really natural direction for me to pursue. The process is on copper and begins as a regular green verdigris patina which you then layer hand applied colors on top of. Then you can blend and blend the colors into each other and it is really fabulous. I am so enthralled with this I really just want to color all day.
The first two pieces I have set in a silver pendant and listed in the shop but I can't wait to experiment with more complex designs and shapes. The designs are pouring out of me head. I just wish I like to saw more. I keep putting off getting out the copper and sawing. procrastination for a job i dislike doing....wish I could skip that part.

href="<$BlogItemURL$>">Link


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anatomy of a Tapered Bezel