Custom Flower Ring in Sterling Silver

Its been crazy in my life lately. We have moved twice this summer. Packed, unpacked, oops new job, pack, drive cross country, unpack. Whew! We are finally getting settled in our new home though and all the children are back at their respective schools.

I have been busy with custom orders so I thought I would give you a look. One is a totally new direction. A customer contacted me with a picture of an old Mexican Silver ring & wanted one made. Here is my new take on an old design:




All the little marquise shapes were soldered together and hand shaped. All the little buds/stem pieces were made & then everything placed down on silver sheet. I imagine there were over 100 pieces of solder individually placed the first round of soldering. Then I pierced through the sheet and cut out shapes to give the piece a bit of lightness.
It was then oxidized & polished back to show the pattern. I love the way it turned out.
As with most of my custom work, I do test pieces first. I have a smaller version of this ring and some earrings that hopefully will be listed in the Etsy shop this week.













Comments

Charlotte said…
Just wanted to leave a quick 'thanks' for your blog and your posts. I just discovered it today, but I'm enjoying reading it, and I'll be back again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Anatomy of a Tapered Bezel